Clomipramine, available under the brand Anafranil among others, is a tricyclic antidepressant medication. It helps manage obsessive-compulsive disorder by reducing the period and intensity of these signs and the related stress and anxiety. This medication is likewise recommended to deal with panic attacks, depression, and ongoing pain. Anafranil (Clomipramine) acts by restoring the balance of specific chemicals (serotonin, among others) in the brain. This medication is available as pills of 25, 50, and 75 mg for oral administration. You should take this medication orally with or without food as directed by your medical professional. Never take more or less medication or take it more frequently than prescribed. It is unknown if it is safe for use while being pregnant. Given that clomipramine can enter breast milk and may damage a nursing baby, you should not breast-feed while you are utilizing It. Most typical negative effects are irregularity, dry mouth, anorexia nervosa, drowsiness, weight gain, sexual dysfunction, and problem urinating. Severe negative effects are an increased danger of suicidal habits in those under the age of 25, seizures, mania, and liver issues.
How to purchase
Anafranil (Clomipramine) Try to consult with your physician prior to making a decision to buy Anafranil (Clomipramine). Even if you think the details above suffices for you to decide, medical consultation is a must to avoid extreme negative results.
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Generic Anafranil is a tricyclic antidepressant. It affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced. Generic Anafranil is used to treat symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) such as recurrent thoughts or feelings and repetitive actions.
Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Take Generic Anafranil with food to reduce stomach upset.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- rapid heart rate, tremors or shaking;
- confusion, extreme fear, thoughts of hurting yourself;
- agitation, hallucinations, fever, overactive reflexes, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, fainting;
- painful or difficult urination;
- very stiff (rigid) muscles;
- seizure (convulsions), or
- tired feeling, weakness, easy bruising or bleeding (nosebleed, bleeding gums), pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath.
Common side effects may include:
- dry mouth, nausea, upset stomach, loss of appetite, constipation;
- feeling anxious, restless, dizzy, drowsy, or tired;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- appetite or weight changes;
- memory problems, trouble concentrating;
- increased sweating, numbness or tingling;
- vision changes; or
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can cause dangerous side effects when taken together with Generic Anafranil.
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Taking Generic Anafranil with other drugs that make you sleepy or slow your breathing can increase these effects. Ask your doctor before taking Generic Anafranil with a sleeping pill, narcotic pain medicine, muscle relaxer, or medicine for anxiety, depression, or seizures.
Before taking Generic Anafranil, tell your doctor if you have used an "SSRI" antidepressant in the past 5 weeks, such as citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine, paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), trazodone, or vilazodone (Viibryd).
Many drugs can interact with clomipramine. Not all possible interactions are listed here. Tell your doctor about all your medications and any you start or stop using during treatment with clomipramine, especially:
- St. John's wort;
- anti-malaria medication;
- a barbiturate such as phenobarbital or secobarbital;
- bladder or urinary medicines such as darifenacin, fesoterodine, oxybutynin, tolterodine, solifenacin;
- bronchodilators such as ipratropium or tiotropium;
- cold or allergy medicine, stimulants, or ADHD medication;
- cough medicine that contains dextromethorphan;
- heart or blood pressure medication;
- medication to treat an infection caused by fungus;
- medication to treat HIV or AIDS;
- medication to treat excess stomach acid, stomach ulcer, motion sickness, or irritable bowel disease;
- medication for Parkinson's disease, such as ropinirole (Requip);
- medicine to treat depression or mental illness; or
- thyroid medication.
This list is not complete and many other drugs can interact with clomipramine.
Never exceed the recommended dosage of Generic Anafranil. Missed doses should be taken as soon as the users remembers, however if it almost time for the next dosage, skip the missed dose and revert back to normal schedule. Do not take more than 2 doses of Generic Anafranil in one instance.
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C). Do not store in the bathroom.
Store in a closed container protected from heat, light and moisture. Keep Generic Anafranil away from children and pets. Always dispose of medicines safely.