Clonidine (brand name Catapres, Kapvay, Nexiclon, Clophelin, as well as others) is a medicine made use of to deal with high blood pressure, interest deficiency hyperactivity problem, anxiety disorders, tic problems, withdrawal (from either alcohol, opioids, or cigarette smoking), migraine headache, menopausal flushing, diarrhea, and particular pain conditions. Reducing hypertension helps stop strokes, cardiac arrest, and also kidney problems. Clonidine comes from a set of drugs called main alpha agonists that act in the brain to lower high blood pressure. Clonidine functions by relaxing capillary so blood could flow much more easily. Clonidine is generally absorbed the early morning and also at bedtime. If you take various doses of this drug at each dosing time, it could be best to take the larger dosage at bedtime. Clonidine might be taken regardless of consuming food.Do not crush, chew, or break an ER capsule. Take it entire. Inform your physician in case you have difficulty swallowing the pill. Get emergency medical assistance if you experience any type of signs of major allergies. Notify your physician promptly in case you experience a severe adverse effects such as: rapid or pounding heart rate; an extremely slow heart rate (fewer than 60 beats each min); feeling breathless, despite having moderate physical effort; swelling, fast weight gain; confusion, hallucinations; fever, light skin; urinating less compared to normal or not at.
Buying Clonidine online
Everybody may painlessly order Clonidine on the internet by using our site. Nevertheless you should take your treatment with a great care. Before you make up your mind to purchase Clonidine, you must discuss this with a physician. Any self-medication along with unsuitable medication can injure you seriously.
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Clonidine is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). It is sometimes used together with other blood pressure medications. It is also used to treat some pain conditions, ADHD and anxiety/panic disorders.
Clonidine treats high blood pressure by stimulating α2 receptors in the brain, which decreases cardiac output and peripheral vascular resistance, lowering blood pressure. It has specificity towards the presynaptic α2 receptors in the vasomotor center in the brainstem. This binding decreases presynaptic calcium levels, and inhibits the release of norepinephrine.
Use Clonidine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you. Dosage of this medication may change during treatment depending on the severity of your condition and the progression of your illness.
Inform your doctor and surgeon that you are taking this medication before you go in for any surgical procedure or medical test. Do not stop taking this medication without first speaking to your doctor, as suddenly halting treatment may worsen your condition.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Clonidine: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Clonidine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- a very slow heart rate (fewer than 60 beats per minute);
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- fever, pale skin;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- numbness or cold feeling in your hands or feet;
- feeling like you might pass out; or
severe skin irritation, redness, swelling, burning, or blistering where the patch is worn.
Before using Clonidine, tell your doctor if you have heart disease or severe coronary artery disease, a heart rhythm disorder, a history of heart attack or stroke, or kidney disease.
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or plan on becoming pregnant before taking this medication.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Before using Clonidine, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Clonidine.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- digitalis (digoxin, Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps);
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip), doxepin (Sinequan), Generic Nortriptyline (Pamelor), and others;
- a beta-blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin, Tenoretic), carvedilol (Coreg), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), sotalol (Betapace), and others;
- a calcium channel blocker such as diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), felodipine (Plendil), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others;
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), clozapine (Clozaril, FazaClo), fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin), haloperidol (Haldol), olanzapine (Zyprexa, Symbyax), perphenazine (Trilafon), prochlorperazine (Compazine), risperidone (Risperdal), thiothixene (Navane), trifluoperazine (Stelazine), and others; or
- any other drugs to treat high blood pressure or heart problems.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Clonidine.
Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra doses to make up the missed dose.
Keep medication in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.