What is Cabergoline
Cabergoline sold under brand Dostinex and others, an ergot derivaive, is a powerful dopamine receptor agonist on D2 receptors. It is recommended to treat high levels of prolactin hormonal agent in your body. High levels of prolactin in females can trigger signs including unwanted chest milk and missed out on periods and can create trouble conceiving. High levels of prolactin in men can cause signs and symptoms such as enlarged busts and reduced sexual ability/desire. Cabergoline is an ergot medicine and acts by blocking the release of prolactin from the pituitary gland. You ought to take exactly as prescribed by your physician. Your physician will do tests making sure you do not have heart problems that would certainly avoid you from securely making use of Dostinex (Cabergoline). Your heart feature might additionally should be checked utilizing an electrocardiograph or ECG (sometimes called an EKG). This equipment determines electric task of the heart. Dostinex (Cabergoline) is usually taken two times each week for at the very least 6 months.You must not take this drug everyday unless your medical professional instructs you to. Get urgent medical aid if you experience any one of these signs of an allergy: hives; tough breathing; tumefaction of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Do not continue making use of Dostinex and also contact your medical professional urgently if you experience a significant side impact such as: really feeling breathless on exertion; chest discomfort, completely dry coughing or hack; sensation weak or exhausted, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss; feeling like you may pass out; lower back discomfort; urinating less compared to normal or not at all; or tumefaction in your ankle joints.
How to purchase Dostinex (Cabergoline)
You may easily purchase Dostinex (Cabergoline) on the internet by using our website. At the same time you must take your treatment with a great care. Before you make up your mind to purchase Dostinex (Cabergoline), you must discuss this fact with a medical specialis. Any self-medication along with unsuitable medicine can injure you significantly.
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Generic Dostinex is a dopamine receptor agonist. It works by reducing the amount of prolactin (a hormone) that is released from the pituitary gland. Generic Dostinex is used to treat a hormone imbalance in which there is too much prolactin in the blood (also called hyperprolactinemia).
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor will perform tests to make sure you do not have heart conditions that would prevent you from safely using Generic Dostinex.
Generic Dostinex is usually taken twice each week for at least 6 months. Do not take this medication every day unless your doctor tells you to.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Dostinex and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath on exertion;
- chest discomfort, dry cough or hack;
- feeling weak or tired, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- lower back pain;
- urinating less than usual or not at all; or
- swelling in your ankles or feet.
- You may have increased sexual urges, unusual urges to gamble, or other intense urges while taking this medication. Talk with your doctor if you believe you have any intense or unusual urges while taking Generic Dostinex.
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gas, indigestion, constipation;
- headache, depressed mood;
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- drowsiness, nervousness;
- hot flashes;
- numbness or tingly feeling; or
- dry mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Patients should be instructed to notify their physician if they suspect they are pregnant, become pregnant, or intend to become pregnant during therapy.
Speak to your physician if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in cabergoline or to ergot derivatives (eg, ergotamine)
- You have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You have a history of heart valve problems or certain fibrotic (scarring) disorders (eg, of the lung, heart, kidneys)
- You are taking a butyrophenone (eg, haloperidol), metoclopramide, a phenothiazine (eg, chlorpromazine), or a thioxanthene (eg, thiothixene)
- You have taken or will be taking a "triptan" (eg, sumatriptan) within 24 hours before or after taking cabergoline
Before using Generic Dostinex, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Dostinex.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- chlorpromazine (Thorazine);
- clarithromycin (Biaxin);
- droperidol (Inapsine);
- erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, and others);
- fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin);
- haloperidol (Haldol);
- metoclopramide (Reglan);
- perphenazine (Trilafon);
- prochlorperazine (Compazine, Compro);
- promethazine (Pentazine, Phenergan, Anergan, Antinaus);
- thiothixene (Navane);
- thioridazine (Mellaril);
- trifluoperazine (Stelazine); or
- any type of blood pressure medication.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Dostinex.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.