Hyzaar Losartan Potassium Description
Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ or HCT) offered under the brand name Hyzaar is a diuretic medication frequently made use of to treat high blood pressure as well as tumefaction due to fluid build up. Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to a class of medications called diuretics or "water pills." This medicine functions by triggering you making some more pee. This helps your body obtain rid of additional salt and also water. It additionally minimizes additional liquid in the body (edema) caused by conditions including heart failure, liver condition, or kidney illness. This can decrease symptoms like lack of breath or swelling in your ankles or feet. Take HCTZ exactly as recommended by your doctor. Your doctor may occasionally alter your dosage to make certain you get the most effective results. Your high blood pressure will certainly should be checked often. See your doctor frequently. Your blood and pee could both be tested if you have actually been retching or are dehydrated. Request urgent medical help in case you experience any type of indicators of seriours allergies like hives; problem breathing; serious belly pain; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. You must tell your physician promptly in case you have a significant adverse effects including: eye discomfort, vision issues; high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscular tissue faintness, tingly feeling); completely dry mouth, thirst, queasiness; reduced potassium (distraction, unequal heart rate, extreme thirst, boosted urination, leg pain, muscle fragility or limp sensation).
How to buy Hyzaar Losartan Potassium
Everybody can painlessly buy Hyzaar Losartan Potassium on-line using our internet healthcare service. However you ought to take your health very seriously. Before you make up your mind to order Hyzaar Losartan Potassium, you should discuss this fact with a doctor. Any self-medication together with improper medicine can hurt you severely.
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Generic Hyzaar contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention. Losartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Losartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.
Generic Hyzaar is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to lower the risk of stroke in certain people with heart disease.
Take Generic Hyzaar exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Take Generic Hyzaar with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Hyzaar: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. In rare cases, Hyzaar can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure.
Call your doctor right away if you have unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, unusual tiredness, and dark colored urine.
Stop using Generic Hyzaar and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- eye pain, vision problems;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- urinating less than usual, or not at all;
- drowsiness, confusion, mood changes, increased thirst, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling).
Less serious Generic Hyzaar side effects may include:
- stomach pain;
- back pain;
- dizziness, tired feeling;
- skin rash;
- runny or stuffy nose, sore throat; or
- dry cough.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Generic Hyzaar may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Hyzaar.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while you are taking Hyzaar, unless your doctor has told you to.
Before taking hydrochlorothiazide and losartan, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- any other blood pressure medications;
- steroids (prednisone and others);
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- celecoxib (Celebrex) or valdecoxib (Bextra);
- cholestyramine (Prevalite, Questran) or colestipol (Colestid);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater);
- a barbiturate such as amobarbital (Amytal), butabarbital (Butisol), mephobarbital (Mebaral), secobarbital (Seconal), or phenobarbital any other diuretics, ethacrynic acid (Edecrin), furosemide (Lasix), hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril),
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), diclofenac (Voltaren), diflunisal (Dolobid), etodolac (Lodine), flurbiprofen (Ansaid), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis), ketorolac (Toradol), mefenamic acid (Ponstel), meloxicam (Mobic), nabumetone (Relafen), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), piroxicam (Feldene), and others;
- a muscle relaxer such as baclofen (Lioresal), carisoprodol (Soma), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), dantrolene (Dantrium), metaxalone (Skelaxin), or methocarbamol (Robaxin), orphenadrine (Norflex), or tizanidine (Zanaflex);
- a narcotic medication such as hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin), hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Palladone), levorphanol (Levo-Dromoran), meperidine (Demerol), methadone (Methadose), morphine (Kadian, MS Contin), oxycodone (OxyContin), or propoxyphene.
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with hydrochlorothiazide and losartan. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use.If you miss a dose, take as soon as remembered; do not take if it is almost time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (between 15 and 30 degrees C) away from moisture and sunlight. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets.