Main facts about Lopid (Gemfibrozil)
Gemfibrozil is the generic name for an oral medicine Lopid prescribed to lower lipidlevels. Gemfibrozil belongs to a group of medications called "fibrates." Lopid (Gemfibrozil) acts by decreasing the amount of fat generated by the liver. Lowering triglycerides in people with really high triglyceride blood levels may likewise lower the risk of pancreatic illness (pancreatitis). Nonetheless, Lopid (Gemfibrozil) might not decrease your danger of a heart assault or stroke. Talk to your physician regarding the threat as well as benefits of chief compound. Gemfibrozil is usually taken two times every day, Thirty Minutes prior to morning meal and dinner. Lopid (Gemfibrozil) is just part of a therapy program that might likewise include diet plan, exercise, and weight control. You need to follow your doctor's guidelines really closely. While utilizing Lopid (Gemfibrozil), you could need regular blood examinations to check your liver feature. Your kidney function could likewise have to be tested. Major adverse effects consist of: acute pain in your upper stomach (specifically after consuming); jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes); obscured vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights; inexplicable muscle discomfort, inflammation, or fragility especially if you additionally have high temperature, uncommon fatigue, as well as dark colored; pain or burning when you pee.
Buying Lopid (Gemfibrozil) online
Acquiring Lopid (Gemfibrozil) with our pharmacy solution is very easy as well as quick. Nevertheless you should take your treatment very seriously. Before purchasing Lopid (Gemfibrozil), medical consultation is required. To prevent negative effects, never perform self-medication.
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Generic Lopid is prescribed, along with a special diet, for treatment of people with very high levels of serum triglycerides who are at risk of developing pancreatitis and who do not respond adequately to a strict diet. This drug can also be used to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in people who have failed to respond to weight loss, diet, exercise, and other triglyceride- or cholesterol-lowering drugs.
Generic Lopid comes as a tablet to take by mouth. Take this medication 30 minutes before the morning and evening meal. Take Generic Lopid at around the same times every day. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Generic Lopid controls high cholesterol and triglycerides but does not cure them. Continue to take Gemfibrozil even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Gemfibrozil without talking to your doctor.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- sharp pain in your upper stomach (especially after eating);
- jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes);
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, unusual tiredness, and dark colored urine; or
- pale skin, easy bruising, unusual bleeding, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating, purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin.
Less serious side effects may include:
- upset stomach;
- mild stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness;
- mild joint or muscle pain;
- loss of interest in sex, impotence, difficulty having an orgasm;
- numbness or tingly feeling; or
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Generic Lopid will not be as effective in lowering your cholesterol if you do not follow a cholesterol-lowering diet plan.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may interfere with your treatment.
If you are also taking cholestyramine (Questran), colestipol (Colestid), colesevelam (Welchol), avoid taking any of these medicines within 2 hours before or after you take gemfibrozil.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- insulin or diabetes medication you take by mouth; or
- another cholesterol-lowering drug such as atorvastatin (Lipitor, Caduet), fluvastatin (Lescol), lovastatin (Mevacor, Altoprev, Advicor), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor), or simvastatin (Zocor, Simcor, Vytorin).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Lopid.If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take 2 doses at the same time.
Store Generic Lopid at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Gemfibrozil out of the reach of children and away from pets.