Memantine known under the trademark name Namenda, is utilized to deal with modest to severe Alzheimer's disease. This medication does not heal Alzheimer's condition, yet it may boost memory, recognition, and also the ability to carry out daily functions. Namenda acts by obstructing the activity of a particular native compound in the mind (glutamate) that is believed to be connected to symptoms of Alzheimer's condition. Take Namenda (Memantine) exactly as it was suggested for you. amenda can be taken regardless of taking food.Never squash, chew, break, or open up an extended-release pill. Take it whole. To make ingesting easier, you may open the extended-release capsule and also spray the medicine into a spoonful of applesauce. Ingest right away without chewing.Do not save the mix for later utilize. Measure fluid medicine (oral solution) with the dosing syringe offered, or with a dedicated dose-measuring spoon or medicine mug.Never mix the oral solution with any type of various other fluids. Stop making use of Memantine as well as tell your physician at once in case you have any one of these serious adverse effects: coughing, breast tightness, high temperature, problem breathing; chest pain, quick heart rate; distraction, hallucinations; abrupt insensitivity or faintness, particularly on one side of the body; lack of sychronisation; passing out or seizure (convulsions); urinating less than usual or not.
Everybody may quickly purchase Memantine on the internet with a help of our site. However you should take your treatment carefully. Prior to buying Namenda, medical assessment is required. To prevent unfavorable effects, never ever perform self-medication.
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Generic Namenda is used to treat moderate to severe dementia of the Alzheimer's type.
Generic Namenda can be taken intact or may be opened, sprinkled on applesauce, and then swallowed. The entire contents of each Generic Namenda should be consumed.
Except when opened and sprinkled on applesauce, as described above, Generic Namenda should be swallowed whole. The capsules should not be divided, chewed, or crushed.
It is important to use Generic Namenda regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Generic Namenda and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- cough, chest tightness, fever, trouble breathing;
- chest pain, fast heart rate;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- lack of coordination;
- fainting or seizure (convulsions);
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness; or
- increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure).
- Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite;
- dizziness, tired feeling;
- weight loss;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- fast heart rate;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- joint pain;
- anxiety, aggression;
- skin rash;
- redness or swelling of or around your eyes; or
- urinating more than usual.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Do not use Generic Namenda if you are allergic to memantine.
Before using Generic Namenda, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease; or
- a bladder or kidney infection.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take this product.
Before taking Generic Namenda, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- nicotine (Commit, Habitrol, Nicoderm, Nicotrol, Nicorette);
- ranitidine (Zantac);
- quinidine (Cardioquin, Quinadex, Quinaglute);
- sodium bicarbonate (Alka-Seltzer, baking soda antacid home remedy);
- antiviral medication such as Generic Symmetrel (Symmetrel) or rimantadine (Flumadine);
- cold or cough medicine that contains dextromethorphan;
- a diuretic (water pill) such as hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Hyzaar, Lopressor, Vasoretic, Zestoretic) or triamterene (Dyrenium, Maxzide, Dyazide);
- medicine to treat glaucoma, such as Generic Diamox (Diamox), dichlorphenamide (Daranide), or methazolamide (Neptazane, MZM, Glauctabs); or
- an oral diabetes medicine that contains metformin (such as Fortamet, Glucophage, Actoplus Met, Avanda met, Metaglip, Glucovance).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Namenda.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at your next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Namenda at room temperature away from moisture and heat.