Lisinopril sold under the brand name Zestril, is a drug of the angiotensin-convering enzyme (ACE) prevention class prescribed largely in therapy of hypertension, cardiac arrest, and after cardiovascular disease. Lisinopril comes from a class of medications called ACE preventions. It works by relaxing blood vessels so blood can stream extra easily. Take Zestril (Lisinopril) exactly as recommended by your medical professional. Consume lots of water every day while you are taking this medicine. Zestril can be taken with or without a meal. Measure fluid medication with the application syringe given, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. Your high blood pressure will certainly need to be examined often, as well as you could require frequent blood tests. Serious negative effects consist of: psoriasis (increased, silvery molting of the skin); allergic reactions, really feeling like you could lose consciousness; peing less compared to normal or not at all; swelling, fast weight gain; muscular tissue faintness, tired feeling, and battering or uneven heartbeats; high temperature, cools, body pains, flu signs and symptoms.
Purchasing Zestril (Lisinopril) online with our drug store service is simple and also fast. Nevertheless you should take your therapy with a great care. Attempt to talk with your doctor prior to making a decision to buy Lisinopril. Even if you believe the info above is enough for you to decide, medical consultation is a must to avoid severe adverse effects.
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Generic Zestril (lisinopril) is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. Generic Zestril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), congestive heart failure, and to improve survival after a heart attack.
Take Generic Zestril exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Generic Zestril can be taken with or without food.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Zestril: hives; severe stomach pain, difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- tired feeling, muscle weakness, and pounding or uneven heartbeats;
- psoriasis (raised, silvery flaking of the skin);
- chest pain; or
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling).
Less serious Generic Zestril side effects may include:
- dizziness, drowsiness, headache;
- depressed mood;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach; or
- mild skin itching or rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Generic Zestril. Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking Generic Zestril, unless your doctor has told you to.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Do not use Generic Zestril if you are pregnant. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- any other blood pressure medications;
- gold injections to treat arthritis;
- lithium (Lithobid, Eskalith);
- a potassium supplement such as K-Dur, Klor-Con;
- salt substitutes that contain potassium;
- insulin or diabetes medication you take by mouth;
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others; or
- a diuretic (water pill).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Zestril.
If you miss a dose of Generic Zestril, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses at once.
Store Generic Zestril at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Generic Zestril out of the reach of children and away from pets.